Monday, July 14, 2008

Work Out Update

Yes, my friends, I went to TKB (turbo kickboxing, for all us locals)today and FINALLY found an instructor willing to go at a snails pace to help poor old folks like me. She actually taught the class. I learned all the routines, and now I feel like I can join in the fun!

It was a gentle reminder to me as a teacher, as well. I need to make sure that I am not cruising along through my lessons assuming that everyone is on the same page as me. It really helps to slow down sometimes and let things sink in!

Anyway.

This begins my third week of working out. I'm averaging 4 days, but am trying for 5. And I think my body is changing. HOWEVER, like I said in a previous post - my past weight loss consisted of nothing for 3 weeks, then boom - 5-6 pounds lost on the 3rd or 4th week. Well. I am exactly the same weight I was when I started this gig. So I am expecting some great things come this weekend. Or maybe into the beginning of next week.

Tomorrow is my lift class, then a pool party for a girlfriend's birthday. I have to remind myself that I am only allowing myself ONE treat a day. Seeing that I treated myself whenever, wherever, however I wanted for the past year - my body should be changing now right?!

Hopefully I'll be posting the good news soon.....

No comments: