Friday, April 11, 2008

The Passing of Bo


It is with great sadness that I share with you the passing of our dog, Bo. He was such a part of our family for the past 14 years, that it won't be the same here without him. Today, Ashley, her friend, Lizzy, Austin and I took Bo for a check up. His breathing has been extremely labored, his walking was failing him, and his stance gave a hint at the pain his back was causing him. With tears in our eyes, we agreed with the doctor to put him down.Bo was the sweetest dog ever, and everyday while pregnant with Austin I would pray, "Dear Lord, let this child be content to sit on the couch, play with a box, and be as sweet as Bo." God heard my prayers and the sweetness of Bo will live on through the sweetness in Austin. Our family was blessed to have the chance to love Bo for the past 14 1/2 years. We will miss him.


I emailed this to friends and family today. Thought I would share with you as well.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Do I know how you feel. Two weeks ago we lost Dutch. Our Dalmatian of 14 and a half years. He struggled will all kinds of stuff and finally it was time.

It is like a child is missing or something.

So nice to visit you. Have a blessed week. Love and hugs, Lynn

Sherlyn said...

Just found your blog through Lysa's Swap. Was reading through your latest post and came across this. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. My heart breaks for you. A week before this past Christmas we lost our blonde lab, Snow White, who we had for 13 years. Even now I tear up thinking about her. She was my "baby", my friend. Recently my husband got us a new pup. I didn't think I was ready but she has brough joy and happiness to my life. She will never be the dog Snow was but she has her own personality and characteristics and is making her way into my heart - every kiss, bark, and cold nose moment!

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.