Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chicken Florentine Salad

This recipe comes compliments of the Macaroni Grill here on the west coast. I'm not sure if they're nationwide.

I order this salad EVERYTIME I go, because it is THAT good!

I've never asked for the REAL recipe, but according to my taste buds, here are the ingredients:

2 cups orzo
1 bag baby spinach leaves
2 chicken breasts - grilled and sliced -very light seasoning (maybe some garlic and onion powder)
1 cup pine nuts
3 roma tomatoes chopped
parmasean cheese - grated and about 3 thinly sliced pieces on top (you know, with that cheese slicer gagdet)

Dressing:
1/4 c Olive oil
squeeze 1 lemon
salt/pepper
2 - 3 T apple cider vinegar

Now, I am not at all sure about the dressing. I've never made this at home, but I would mess around with the amounts until it tastes right.

Soooooooo worth it!!! For More Recipes go to Saturday Stirrings at It Coulda Been Worse

1 comment:

The Apron Queen said...

Late making my rounds. Sounds delicious! Do stop by. I'll save you a plate of my Just Peachy Cobbler. :D

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays