Sunday, March 2, 2008

Which is Worse?? Being Cheap or Living in Denial?

I still don't know if I'm pregnant.

I am too cheap to buy the pregnancy kit. Do you know how much they cost now adays? I could get 15 minis at Golden Spoon for 1 kit.

I also like the idea of being in denial and living my life as though I don't have a care in the world. That is except for a husband with his own business that needs constant prayer for new customers, a kitchen that is torn up (my husband is the general contractor and will get to it when he can - ok), that all my gourmet meals are made on a campstove hooked up to a propane can, I have a daughter living in Virginia trying to make her way in the world (or at least Virginia Beach), I have a daughter who will graduate from high school in June if Senioritis doesn't send her into another zip code in which she will never show back up at school, and a 7 month old who is teething (He hasn't even cried, but I felt he'd be left out if I didn't say something about him).

So, I have chosen to wait until next month to see how it goes. I am 44 years old and can make decisions like that now. H#2 doesn't believe I am - so no problemo there. The girls have no idea - of course no matter how much I ask them to read my blog - they laugh and say "Yeah, right, Mom." so they don't know, and I tell Austin all the time - but he's pretty good at keeping secrets.

Until then, I will have my fill of Golden Spoon. Right now I'm hooked on Just Chocolate and St. Patricks Day Mint!

No comments: