Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekly Dinner Plans

I am of the opinion that if I do not have a weekly menu for my family, they will starve. It is so hard for me to come home at the end of a work day, take my 7 month old out for an outing, and then think of something to cook at 4:00 PM.

To make sure that all will be fed during the week, I sit down every Saturday and make a weekly menu. I have two pieces of paper out - one for the recipes and another for the grocery store ( I usually shop on Sunday). I list Monday through Friday one on of the pieces of paper and begin going through my cookbooks. I love cooking, and my husband jokes that I only watch one channel on TV - you guessed it! The Food Network! Whether I get my recipes from my cookbooks or from online at FoodTV.com, I come up with easy, impressive, tasty dishes that usually take 30 - 40 minutes to prepare.

I decided to share my weekly planner with all of you. I'll be changing it every Saturday. Of course, with this or that popping up, sometimes a dinner gets shuffled to a different night or my husband surprises me with a night out! Either way, make it your own. Take the recipes you like and leave the ones you don't!

I will include where the recipes come from: Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals, Sandra Lee's crockpot book, etc. and if I can figure out how to do links for the recipes - I will!

Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

Frankie Williams said...

Since I live across the street, I think I will just walk across the street for dinner! What time do we eat? - Frankie

Sheila said...

I have enjoyed my visit here tonight! We even plan alike! lol Have a blessed week