Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Tired!

I have a new deep affection for every single parent out there.

While Todd's away, the weekends are mine alone with Austin. Thank God in Heaven that he is a great kid. If he was fussy, whiny, miserable, or obnoxious in anyway - I'd pull the plug on my life. There, I said it.

But.... God in His infinite wisdom knows what we need, right. I'm not a strong woman, like all the other moms with difficult children. I had one 18 years ago, so I guess I paid that price way back then. And believe me, I'm still paying. Oh, yeah... she's amazing, wonderful, and loyal, but difficult to boot.

Anyway, enough of the sniveling.

This weekend we

played at the mall playground
played at the park
played in the pool
took long walks
went to church
played in the family room
played at a friend's house

Why do they call it playing?? I'm exhausted. We played so much that Austin fell asleep last night at 7:00 and slept 12 hours. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

And now Carmen is here. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Today I will act like a responsible teacher and begin to unpack the 134 boxes I moved to a new school site, arrange a classroom, read over my new student's packets, and haggle for some classroom furniture. Forget the lesson plans. My students will have the first 3 days of school learning and appreciating all facets of P.E.

No comments: