Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Older You Get

the less you have to fear being sung to on your birthday! I am one of those people who do not like all the attention of the wait staff at the birthday dinner celebration. Especially, when they focus on you for 3 rounds of "Happy Birthday" in various renditions.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I am happy to say it was quite uneventful.

I woke up to a beautiful 78 degree day. The perfect temperature in my book. Austin had his Tiny Tot gymnastic class. Carmen, Todd and I all went to help him maneuver through those long tunnels, do flips on the bars and walk the balance beam! How cute are 1 - 3 year olds doing gymnastics!

We then dropped off Carmen and took a long drive along the beach while Austin napped in the car. We stopped at our favorite breakfast burrito place and picked them up for breakfast at home.

The rest of the day I did pretty much nothing. But nothing is bliss when days are full of work, errands, cooking, cleaning, and chasing.

My mom and Kalie watched Austin while Todd and I went to our old Greek hangout for dinner. While we were dating, and just newly married, we would go to this place for gyros every Friday night and then watch a movie. So last night, we ate our gyros and went to see "The Duchess". I liked it, he didn't. Too sappy for him, but just right for me! I love any movie that depicts history, has a love story, and doesn't include lots of sex scenes, showing breasts, blood, violence, and horrid language. Some call me a prude. Whatever.

It was a nice evening, and a nice day all around. Today we are going to the pumpkin patch with Austin, and then hopefully resuming the nothing for the rest of the day schedule!

No comments: