Friday, September 19, 2008

My Kids Won't Starve

This week, even though I haven't had time to post my full menu, I plan on cooking.

I just finished making egg salad, a huge tossed green salad, and penne pasta. I'm going to use part of the penne for tonights dinner "Shrimp and Pasta in a creamy tomato sauce" from Pioneer Woman's site. I'll put a link up on my menu side bar.

Believe it or not, I actually bought Velveta cheese. I plan to use some of the penne for a quick mac and cheese. I've never done this before, so I hope it's as easy as microwaving the Velveta to get it creamy and stirring in the pasta.

I'm also roasting a bunch of stuff. I figured if the oven is on, and I have enough room, I'm throwing in onions, potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and sweet potatoes. That way, my kids will have something healthy to grab during the week.

I'll be linking other items like Enchiladas and Tenderloin with melted gorganzola cheese and a yummy pasta side dish with roasted garlic and tomatoes. Anyway, tomorrow I will (hope to) post the full week of meals.

I just spoke with Todd, and if luck has it, he'll be home in a week. Good thing I'm starting to get in the cooking swing of things again!

Of course, I have a quart of Golden Spoon for dessert, since I am cooking this week.

No comments: