Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Getting Back in the Swing of Things

Like you, I have my favorite blogs I try to read every day. I used to read about 10 a day, but that was during the summer, when life was easy breezy. Now, with Todd gone (going on 2 months) and school back in session, I'm down to reading 2 every few days.

But...... I can feel life getting back into a routine. Which means menu planning will soon be happening again. I have enjoyed taking 2 months off from cooking. Can you imagine? I have eaten Golden Spoon for dinner more times than I would like to count.

But remember when I was working out like crazy every day. Well, I haven't worked out in over a month, and yes, I am still the exact same weight. Ugh.

Austin started walking this week. No wonder they are called "toddlers". He is so funny toddling around. He's about 50% walking and 50% crawling still. Dad hasn't seen the walking, so it will be quite a treat for him! He recognizes dozens of things but still isn't talking much. Babbling, yes. Talking, not quite.

My new school is a hit. I almost felt like I was dropped in Mr. Roger's neighborhood yesterday. I had crossing guard duty for 10 minutes before school. Now, this school is quite charming with its rosebushes out front and nice manicured lawns in front of all the neighborhood houses. As I began my crossing duty, the children were all behaved walking hand in hand with their moms and dads. Many offered, "Thank you teacher" as cars would go by and the parents would wave at me. As I was waving at a car going one way, the bus driver going the other way stuck his hand out the window, waving it my way, cheerily saying, "Have a great day!" I had to start laughing. It really felt like Mr. Roger's was about to start singing in front of the school, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day ......"

I really couldn't be happier. God had placed an assurance in my heart that this would be a good move for me, and of course, it is.

I went to Palm Springs last weekend, and will probably go again Saturday, so menu planning will still be on the "to do" list.

No comments: