Monday, August 24, 2009

Sick Again :(

I can't believe it's been less than a month and Austin was back at the doctor's office. Poor kid. We approach the building and the wailing begins. By the time we are headed down the hall towards the actual room, Austin is frantically doing the "all done" sign language sign. I don't blame him. Every time we go there, he ends up with a shot, blood drawn, chest x-ray, or God knows what. Now, when the doctor goes to check his ears or listen to him breath (both painless) he cries bloody murder.

I refuse to go alone with him again.

I can't take it.

I'm weak.

He is doing better today. He's been sleeping a lot, playing a lot, and staying out of the pool. We leave for Big Bear on Monday. The plan is lots of rest so we have no throwing up on our way up the mountain. That's a memory I would like to forget.

Other than that, Kalie might have a full time job which is one step closer to her getting an apartment, which is one step closer to me not getting woken up at 1:00 AM when she comes home. We're hoping for the best! Oh, just a side note, Kalie was in the ER yesterday for an eye infection in her other eye. I am now personally welcomed and recognized by all employees at our local ER room.

Ashley has started school and is taking 5 classes. As an Art major, she is busy drawing, painting, and making jewelry this semester. How much fun is that! Why on earth was I a Sociology major? Oh yeah, I can't draw.

Todd is working too much. I'm not sure it can be too much after 8 months of no work, but he sure is tired. Tonight I'll make an Italian sausage, broccoli and pasta dish with a light salad on the side. Some crusty garlic bread and wine should round it out nicely.

Here's to rest, relaxation, and a bottle of good wine!

No comments: